Re: [O] long delay after selecting capture template

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] long delay after selecting capture template
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 21:38:47 +0800

Allan Streib <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I guess I would `toggle-debug-on-quit', then call capture, and while
>> you're waiting for it to return, hit "C-g". That ought to pop up a
>> backtrace, and you can see what code was being executed during the
>> delay. It might be obvious what's wrong, or you can post the backtrace
>> here.
>
> I tried this but get no backtrace. Messages buffer contains:
>

> Debug on Quit enabled globally
> Template key:
> byte-code: Capture abort: (quit)

Ah, the org-capture code condition-cases quit. At least we know that the
problem is in `org-capture-fill-template'!

I can't remember off the top of my head if there's a way to tell emacs
to actually debug on quit, even if quit is handled by `condition-case'.

Another thing you can try is edebugging `org-capture-fill-template' and
stepping through it, and just see if anything weird happens. See the
Elisp manual for how to edebug, if you haven't before.

Does it only happen for the "t" template? What's the "t" template look
like?

Eric