Re: [O] footnotes and exported latex

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] footnotes and exported latex
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 13:44:10 +0100

On Thursday, 14 Apr 2016 at 10:41, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> When exporting an org file to latex the first instance of a footnote
> shows as [fn:1] in the org-file, and its numbered footnote reference in
> the latexed pdf. However, if I refer to that footnote later in the
> org-file, then its shown as [fn:1] again, but, in the latexed pdf it
> just shows as a superscript 1 without any reference to the fact that its
> actually a footnote again.

What would you expect otherwise?  In other words, this is the correct
behaviour.  If you want the footnote to appear again at the bottom of
the page, this is a new footnote that just happens to have the same
content...  so create the new footnote yourself.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.91.1, Org release_8.3.4-655-g9fb077