Re: [O] Insert datetree entry

From: Bruce V Chiarelli
Subject: Re: [O] Insert datetree entry
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 12:25:17 -0700

Daniele Nicolodi <address@hidden> writes:

> thanks for the hint, but I don't understand what `subtree-at-point` is
> in your code, it does not seem to be defined in my emacs and
> `org-datetree-find-date-create` has a third parameter that is
> interpreted as a boolean. I'm confused.

Ah, yes I forgot that this is a fairly new feature. Sorry for the
confusion. In the latest Org, the optional keep-restriction parameter can be

- t - make the datetree at the end of the current /view/ of the buffer,
- nil - make the datetree at the end of the file, even if it was narrowed
  to a subtree before, or
- 'subtree-at-point - put the datetree as a subheading at the end of the
  current heading. This one is new in Org 9.0.5.

The first two options have been around for a long time, so if you get
rid of 'subtree-at-point it should be fine. It will default to nil.

--
Bruce V. Chiarelli
http://github.com/bccomm