Re: [O] Moving and resetting attachments

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Moving and resetting attachments
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 09:59:53 +0200

Hello,

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> What I meant was, first ask the user for a directory, then cycle through
> the files and ask whether to move each file to that directory. The user
> wouldn't specify the directory itself for each file. And with
> `map-y-or-n-p', the user can just hit "!" to take care of all files.
>
> Am I misunderstanding your concern? The only time the ID attachment
> directory scheme (which is indeed opaque) would come into play is when
> the command was called with a prefix argument -- ie, when removing a
> custom directory, and reverting to the automatic directory. In that
> case, the directory would be automatically derived, and the user would
> simply be presented with the choice to move each file there, or not.

When asking for each file if it should be moved or not, you can end up
with files in both the old and the new directory. My concern is that,
when the old directory is a default ID directory, there is no simple way
to get the files back. So, I think we should automatically move files in
this case.

I also agree with your special case described above.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou