Re: [O] Upstream synchronization documentation

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: [O] Upstream synchronization documentation
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 12:01:32 +0100

Hi Rasmus,

On 03/07/17 11:35, Rasmus wrote:
Hi,

The documentation in README_maintainer is a bit outdated
wrt. synchronizing with upstream Emacs.

I have updated the to best of my knowledge in the attached patch.  I would
be happy to push it, if there are no objections.

It would also be great if someone would let me know about the mistakes
that are undoubtedly in the draft.

Rasmus

I just noticed that your text talks about 'backporting', and wondered if that is the clearest term to use. To me, a 'backport' usually means porting a change or fix from the master or development branch to some older or more stable branch. Whereas in your text I think it is the other way round, isn't it? (I.e. the Emacs branch is more stable, and you are talking about porting a fix that someone has made in that branch to the Org master.) So perhaps 'forward port' would be clearer?

Regards - Neil