Re: [O] very long table calc expressions ?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] very long table calc expressions ?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 09:16:56 -0400

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

>    > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hello Bernt,
>    > Hi Uwe,
>
>    > You can edit or view the table formulas with C-c ' in case that helps.
>    > This splits the formulas one per line for editing.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out to me, but I seem unable to do it.
>
> When I use C-c ' I obtain that very long formula in a special buffer,
> but it is again a long line. Breaking this line and then using C-c C-c
> cuts the second line. So this is not what I was looking for, but maybe I
> misunderstood something fundamental.

When I hit C-c ' in this table

#+TBLNAME: stat-final2
|    | Frequency |
|----+-----------|
| SS |           |
| AP |         5 |
| NT |         3 |
| SB |    #ERROR |
| MH |         2 |
| NP |         3 |
#+TBLFM: @>$2='(length (org-lookup-all "NP" '(remote(data,@2$2..@>I$2))
nil))::@>>$2='(length (org-lookup-all "MH" '(remote(data,@2$2..@>I$2))
nil))::@>>>$2='(length (org-lookup-all "SB" '\(remote(data,@2$2..@>I$2))
nil))::@>>>>$2='(length (org-lookup-all "NT" '(remote(data,@2$2..@>I$2))
nil))::@>>>>>$2='(length (org-lookup-all "AP" '(remote(data,@2$2..@>I$2)) nil))

I get a new window with this in it:

# Field and Range Formulas
@>$2 = '(length (org-lookup-all "NP" '(remote(data,@2$2..@>I$2)) nil))
@>>$2 = '(length (org-lookup-all "MH" '(remote(data,@2$2..@>I$2)) nil))
@>>>$2 = '(length (org-lookup-all "SB" '\(remote(data,@2$2..@>I$2))
nil))
@>>>>$2 = '(length (org-lookup-all "NT" '(remote(data,@2$2..@>I$2))
nil))
@>>>>>$2 = '(length (org-lookup-all "AP" '(remote(data,@2$2..@>I$2))
nil))

and I can edit individual lines and then C-c C-c or C-c ' again to exit
and rebuild the formula line on the table.

It seems to reverse the lines every other time I do it which is strange
but it works for me.

Regards,
Bernt