Re: [O] very long table calc expressions ?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] very long table calc expressions ?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 12:48:00 -0400

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Jonathan
>
>    > Hi Uwe,
>    > On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>    > (::)
>    > not just a single.  Brent's example has it with double while yours only
>    > shows
>    > it with a single one.
>
> Right, thanks for clarifying that. My original example had various :: and
> indeed there Bernt's advice helped.
>
> Meanwhile Thierry posted a more sophisticated example containing only
> simple :
> (which   does not work with ::) and that example cannot be dealt with via
> C-c '.
>
> @Thierry: that is correct?

The double colons separate different formulas. The single colons in Thierry's
formula are  part of the syntax of a conditional expression, i.e. they are part
of a *single* (long) formula. So yes, that cannot be dealt with via C-c '.

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler