Re: [O] suppress leading ":" in org-babel outputariBLE

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: [O] suppress leading ":" in org-babel outputariBLE
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 16:46:09 +0000

AFAICS, the latest update (99aa984) did NOT fix the issue.

There are complications in this story that I explain here.

If I start a fresh *R* session by eval'ing the src block, I get

#+RESULTS:
:
: 12.23

and the *R* buffer ends with

> x <- 6L
a <-sprintf("%.2f",12.234324)
cat(a,sep="\n")
'org_babel_R_eoe'

12.23

[1] "org_babel_R_eoe"

If I then open a buffer in ESS[R] mode and run ess-eval-line-visibly-and-step
(e.g. by typing C-c C-n)

and then eval the src block again, I get

#+RESULTS:
: 12.23

and the *R* buffer ends with

> x <- 6L
a <-sprintf("%.2f",12.234324)
cat(a,sep="\n")
'org_babel_R_eoe'
> > 12.23
> [1] "org_babel_R_eoe"

Presumably, a comint or ess variable has changed to effect these differences.

I am unable to discern what variable that is.

I suspect that the changed behavior Jeremie sees now was do to something
similar and that a fresh start will result in the extraneous line in the
results.

:-(

Chuck