Re: [O] Proposal for new document-level syntax

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: [O] Proposal for new document-level syntax
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 13:17:43 +0000

On Saturday,  1 Jun 2019 at 10:15, Gustav Wikström wrote:
>   I propose a "document" element in org-element, a property-drawer on
>   document-level, a setting-drawer on document-level and
>   property-keywords (slightly different than what already exist). And
>   would like your comments regarding that!

Dear Gustav,

thanks for this proposal.  I do understand your motivation for this and
can see a document level entity being useful.

For me, however, your proposed structure would clash strongly with my
usual working practice.  Specifically, I put all customizations and
settings at the end of my documents, along with, for instance, Emacs
file local variables.  These are things I do not change often and
usually don't care to see.  At the start of the document, however, is
the real content.  So, I don't particularly like the idea of having
settings etc. *before* the content in my files.

Just by 2¢.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.3-379-gff2bf2