Re: restore window configuration after org-edit-src-exit

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: restore window configuration after org-edit-src-exit
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 06:28:01 -0800

Sorry for the noise, but I just had another thought:

Rather than adding a new option, how about we make the behavior
dependent on the value of org-src-window-setup?

Basically, when org-src-window-setup is current-window, it never makes
sense to restore the original layout. But when org-src-window-setup is
reorganize-frame (the default), it always makes sense to restore the
original layout.

I'm not sure what the "correct" behavior would be for the other options
however.

Now that I think about it, I remember trying out the "current-window"
option before, and having a very similar experience to Matt -- while I
enjoyed having more manual control over the window layout, the fact that
org-mode would change the window layout after I finished editing
defeated the whole purpose of this, so I switched back to the original
defaults.