OrgNV - alternative to deft

From: Juan José García-Ripoll
Subject: OrgNV - alternative to deft
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 21:04:56 +0100

Hi,

I have started a personal project, with no aims to create a package yet,
to create an alternative to deft. I have very specific reasons:

- Open the library to being used programatically, similar to how
  completing-read works.
- Built around 'grep', to allow more sophisticated queries in the
  future.
- No databases. No "Xapian"-like interfaces. No cache files.
- Multiple source directories.
- Focus on org-mode nodes.
- Easier interface to org-mode for creating links directly from an
  org-mode file.

The result feels pretty snappy. Reading 1000 files with 'grep' and
parsing them takes less than 0.5s in an old laptop. It is so fast that
I don't really feel like adding a cache around it.

I feel this paradigm can scale to more interesting features, such as
querying #+KEYWORD or tags in files, which I am using in my personal
knowledge database.

Feedback is very much welcome. This is the first such "interactive"
project I start with Emacs and I am unfamiliar with the programming
conventions.
http://juanjose.garciaripoll.com/blog/orgnv-navigate-notes-with-grep/index.html

Cheers

--
Juan José García Ripoll

Quantum Information and Foundations Group
http://quinfog.hbar.es - http://juanjose.garciaripoll.com