Re: Bug: Small documentation errors [9.3.6 (9.3.6-29-g6a3dff-elpaplus @

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Bug: Small documentation errors [9.3.6 (9.3.6-29-g6a3dff-elpaplus @ /home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/27.0/develop/org-plus-contrib-20200406/)]
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 15:56:14 +0000

Jorge P. de Morais Neto <address@hidden> writes:

> Em [2020-04-12 dom 22:35:09+0000], Kyle Meyer escreveu:
>
>> Thanks for sending this.  My personal preference would be more focused
>> reports.  (And of course patches would be even better.)
>
> Regarding patches, I feel I am too inexperienced at this moment to
> efficiently write good patches.  It is possible, though, that I am just
> unduly insecure.  Perfectionism and low self esteem combine to generate
> a lot of insecurity.

Well, no pressure to send patches if you're not comfortable doing so.
But sending a patch with an error or that needs work is not an issue.
I'd say the mostly likely outcome is that someone will politely point
that out.

Not so different really than saying something wrong like:

Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

>> The description of `C-c -' inverts the effect of the prefix argument.
> [...]
> AFAICS that matches the manual's description.

And someone patiently explaining that "as far as Kyle can see"
apparently wasn't very far:

Jorge P. de Morais Neto <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, this is the behavior I get too.  But see what the manual says:
>
>     If there is an active region when calling this, selected text is
>     changed into *an item*.
> [ my emphasis ]
>
> It says `C-c -' changes the (potentially multiple) lines into *an item*
> (singular).  With the prefix argument it says:
>
>     With a prefix argument, all lines are converted to *list items*.
> [ my emphasis ]
>
> It says `C-c -' changes the (potentially multiple) lines into *list
> items* (plural).

Thanks.  I'll fix that (my) tonight.