Re: [Solved]: Bug: org-encrypt-entry fails [9.4 (nil @ /home/silipwn/.em

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [Solved]: Bug: org-encrypt-entry fails [9.4 (nil @ /home/silipwn/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build/org-mode/)]
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 15:46:32 +0200

Hello,

silipwn <mail@silipwn.digital> writes:

> On removing the variable, it works fine. The GPG configuration directly
> takes my mail address to get the key. The other issue was I also had
> a revoked key with the same email, that
> might have been causing an error, mentioned in the earlier mail.

While trying to understand where the (setq org-crypt-key nil) from your
config was coming from, I noticed the manual suggested to do so!

I fixed this discrepancy between the manual and the implementation (aka
a bug). You can now set again org-crypt-key to nil. The difference
between "" and nil is the latter also ignores `epa-file-encrypt-to' if
this happens to be set in the document.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou