Re: `with` as a list.

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: `with` as a list.
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 02:31:31 +0000

Mario Frasca writes:

> On 31/05/2020 19:19, Kyle Meyer wrote:
>> You've been sending a diff,
>> presumably from the point you branched off of to the tip of your branch.
>> In that case, you're already presenting each iteration you've sent as
>> one change; it just lacks a commit message.
>
> right, that's indeed what I did, and this is also what I thought, so no
> need to rebase, squash or whatever, as long as I make sure that the diff
> I'm sending you is about this single issue, and let's agree on the
> commit message, because after all I'm adding a function to a software I
> don't really know.

The way to add the commit message to the patch you're sending is to
create a commit in your repository with the commit message and then
convert that commit to a patch with `git format-patch'.  When you send
the patch, the commit message can then be reviewed along with the code
change.

The contributing page that I linked to before
(<https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html>) has some information on
the expected commit message format and on using format-patch.