Re: Limitations on Tags ?

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: Limitations on Tags ?
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 18:24:12 -0400

On 2020-10-01 16:09, David Masterson wrote:
Just wondering -- what's the limit in the number of tags for a headline?
What if I have a headline with lots of tags or some very long tags?

These are some of reasons I started putting my tags into PROPERTIES.
Then I don't have to worry about crowding the title, too long or too
many tags, or any other issues as you have noticed.

In addition, I think it looks cleaner.  I hide them in a property
drawer.  They are still equally as searchable.

And finally, I can now have different /types/ of tags.  In my case, I
use two properties: TAGS_TOPIC and a TAGS_META.  The former for
general topics (i.e., computers, software, GNU/Linux, organization,
etc.), and the latter for things like BlogFodder, ReadingList,
NeedsCleanup, VideosToWatch, etc. which allows for a nice orthagonal
way to classify certain things.

TRS-80