Re: Is there possibility to provide back links to each finely grained pa

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Is there possibility to provide back links to each finely grained part of Org file?
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 15:04:33 +0300

* Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> [2020-11-09 14:39]:
> On Sunday,  8 Nov 2020 at 23:40, Jean Louis wrote:
> > I know that #names exist in HTML export for *** headings. Do they or
> > can they exist for every paragraph or item listed?
>
> Maybe not quite what you want but you can place anchors (aka targets)
> anywhere you want in your document using <<targetname>>.  I use these
> for within-document linking but I imagine you can link to these from
> other documents as well (untested).

Thank you.

That forms foundation for final solution as then it could be possible
to define special export that finds each new line after empty lines
and automatically adds specific anchor or target name to document.

I have tried using it in that manner as below and exported it to HTML
and #names are inside HTML. In the final solution I may need to adopt
CSS to place named anchors on the right side and to display them as
they are usually not displayed.

<<anchor1>>
Paragraph

<<anchor2>>
Paragraph

Links:

- [[anchor1][anchor1]]

- [[anchor2][anchor2]]

Before the export, I would like to filter the text and add anchors
automatically.

If you have any pointer where I could insert a filter before
exporting, let me know.

Thanks,
Jean