Re: TEC: update the new website ML page?

From: TEC
Subject: Re: TEC: update the new website ML page?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 00:29:06 +0800

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> One could argue that "Releases", "Updates", and "Install" should be
> merged into a common download link. They all are the same thing. ;]

Hmmm. "Updates" seems like a bit of a special thing, but perhaps some
merging could happen sensibly. If that could be worked out, I'd
definitely be much more receptive to the idea of adding another link.

> I completely agree with you that not everything can live in the
> header.

Oh good :)

> However Worg is a key component because it's community maintained
> documentation. Not just anyone can upload to the main site, but Worg
> is as "wiki" as we have. As an integral part of the community
> supported documentation I thought it should be in the header.

I do see your point. I think in order to warrant being presented as a
one-step-from-the-homepage target it would be good to tidy up the Worg
homepage.

At the moment I suspect it would be a bit overwhelming to newcomers ---
everything splurged onto on page seems a bit much :P

How does that sound?

Timothy.