Re: Release Org 9.4.2

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: Release Org 9.4.2
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 16:19:55 -0700

i just wanted to say thanks to everybody who maintains org.

somebody said a counter for donations might be useful even if nobody
collects it.  i am not able to follow this discussion closely for
health reasons, but one possibility, which you can reject if you like,
but which i mention because nobody has mentioned it yet,  is to have
that counter go to e.g. biomedical research or another good cause.
then org becomes associated with "help find a treatment for (insert
disease]"or similar.

i know from the other end [viz. biomedical research desperately
needed] that such things can be used for very good purposes very
efficiently.  the scientists eat pizza, not fancy food, and they think
hard about making their assays efficient etc.

and i know that it can be motivating to donate to such things.  to me
at least.  i could suggest a few that are likely highly relevant to
long covid and one or more of my own serious medical issues that are
not getting adequate research.  or maintainers could choose.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html