Re: Can't activate orgmode after the installation of its git master vers

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Can't activate orgmode after the installation of its git master version.
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 08:24:46 +0800

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 12:18 AM <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 11:14:56PM +0800, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I finally figured out the following initialization code for orgmode
> > based on your above wonderful notes:
> >
> > (add-to-list 'load-path
> > "~/Public/repo/code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git/lisp")
> > (add-to-list 'load-path
> > "~/Public/repo/code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git/contrib/lisp" t)
> > (require 'org)
>
> Great, that works as well. You bypass the autoload mechanism
> with that -- org gets loaded unconditionally. But since you
> will use it anyway, it doesn't make that big of a difference.
>
> Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can teach us how one
> might add an externally installed package into the autoload
> machinery.

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> told the following fact:

I believe/hope this is a bug that was already fixed on the emacs-27
branch, and hopefully will be merged to master soon.

See
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ik=7b73d6af10&view=pt&search=all&permmsgid=msg-f%3A1687254661144715702&simpl=msg-f%3A1687254661144715702>
for more discussion on this topic.

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
Hebei Polytechnic University of Science and Technology engineering
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China