Re: Toggle headline underlining in text export?

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: Toggle headline underlining in text export?
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 21:45:58 +0800

Hello,
** Loris Bennett <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> [2021-02-16 11:00:08 +0100]:

> Hi,

> I have an Org file which I export to a text file.  A separate program I
> have written then uses this text file as the body of an email which is
> sent to a number of people.

> The problem I have is that the underlining of the headlines is much
> longer than the headline text itself if a proportional font is used to
> view the email.

This contradicts a bit to first paragraph. I would assume that you export to
text format to send email message as plain text.

> As most of the recipients will probably not be using a fixed-width font for
> their mail clients,

And this assumes that they are fine with html messages otherwise they would
use fixed-width font.

> I would like to be able to toggle the underlining and just rely on the
> numbering of the headlines.

> I'd didn't find anything which seemed relevant here

>   https://orgmode.org/manual/Export-Settings.html

> so is this possible?  Is there a (better) alternative?

May be send them a html message?

> Cheers,

> Loris

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
To get something clean, one has to get something dirty.
To get something dirty, one does not have to get anything clean.