Re: How to jump from one spelling mistake to the next?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: How to jump from one spelling mistake to the next?
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 13:33:18 +0100

On Sat, Mar 20 2021, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> writes:
>
>> Sharon Kimble writes:
>>
>>> When I'm writing in org-mode I very often make spelling mistakes which I
>>> can go back to later to correct. So how can I jump from one mistake to
>>> the next please?
>>
>> If you have Flyspell mode enabled in the buffer,
>> flyspell-goto-next-error (bound to `C-,' by default) will jump to the
>> next marked word, cycling around once you've reached the last marked
>> word in the buffer.

Also, if you have flyspell-mode enabled, `C-;` is bound to
`flyspell-auto-correct-previous-word`. It'll correct the last misspelled word
preceding point (though there may be correctly spelled words between point and
the misspelled word). Type `C-;` multiple times to cycle through different
correction suggestions. Because you don't need to move back to the misspelled
word to correct it, you can correct words while you type without interrupting
the flow too much.

YMMV, of course.

--
Joost Kremers