Re: List of ob-* maintainers

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: List of ob-* maintainers
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 18:15:48 -1000

Aloha Kyle,

Thanks for this. I think the Worg list might be useful to indicate which languages don't have maintainers. Or, is the information in the source files sufficient? I'm happy not to work on the Worg table in that case.

All the best,
Tom

Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> writes:

Thomas S. Dye writes:

Aloha all,

Is there a list of current ob-* maintainers?

Bastien updated the "Maintainer" field of the source files:

  $ git grep -i maintainer lisp/ob-* | cut -d'<' -f1
  lisp/ob-C.el:;; Maintainer: Thierry Banel
  lisp/ob-J.el:;; Maintainer: Joseph Novakovich
  lisp/ob-R.el:;; Maintainer: Jeremie Juste
  lisp/ob-abc.el:;; Maintainer: William Waites
  lisp/ob-clojure.el:;; Maintainer: Bastien Guerry
  lisp/ob-dot.el:;; Maintainer: Justin Abrahms
  lisp/ob-eshell.el:;; Maintainer: stardiviner
  lisp/ob-groovy.el:;; Maintainer: Palak Mathur
  lisp/ob-haskell.el:;; Maintainer: Lawrence Bottorff
  lisp/ob-java.el:;; Maintainer: Ian Martins
  lisp/ob-mscgen.el:;; Maintainer: Justin Abrahms
  lisp/ob-perl.el:;; Maintainer: Corwin Brust
  lisp/ob-python.el:;; Maintainer: Jack Kamm
  lisp/ob-screen.el:;; Maintainer: Ken Mankoff

  $ git describe
  release_9.4.5-317-g3d5284326

The oldest addition is from September 2020, so that should be a fairly
current list.

Perhaps it would be useful to add and populate a Maintainer column to the language table on Worg (org-contrib/babel/languages/index.html)?

Hmm, I suppose it's nice to have just one spot to avoid information becoming out of sync, but that's a minor issue, so no objections from me if you or others think it'd be helpful to have the information on Worg.

--
Thomas S. Dye
https://tsdye.online/tsdye