Re: Bug: JavaScript in HTML export not recognized by LibreJS as free [9.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Bug: JavaScript in HTML export not recognized by LibreJS as free [9.4.5 (9.4.5-16-g94be20-elpaplus @ /home/jorge/.config/emacs/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20210412/)]
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:43:28 +0200

Hi Anthony,

thanks for your explanations around this issue.

I made a mistake when applying your patch here:
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/471054136
https://orgmode.org/list/20200617002335.l4lg3slfxm74vx3h@silver/

The original Javascript lines were written by Carsten 12 years ago
(time flies) with a4d72cbda, published under GPLv3+ by him.

Because these lines were under GPLv3+, they needed to be advertized as
such within the generated HTML, so adding the GPLv3+ license here was
correct but my mistake was not to ask Carsten if he was okay releasing
the lines in the public domain, since he was the author (sorry!)

My current stand on this, is that publishing these lines under GPLv3+
is okay: it does not imply that the author of the generated HTML has
any constraint regarding the license he wants to publish his contents
under, because his contents is not a "derivative work" of these few
Javascript lines.  With respect to your example, the generated HTML
(+js) page is not the result of including the Javascript code in a
compilation process, and it's easy enough to separate the contents
from these few lines.

I reverted your initial patch in maint (29d21ea6).

Still, the code enhancements you proposed there are still valid:
would you be okay to place submit them again in another patch?