Re: org-persist warning when archiving

From: Colin Baxter 😺
Subject: Re: org-persist warning when archiving
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 07:22:06 +0100

    > Colin Baxter 😺 <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >> Ok, I now applied your patch and remade org-mode. Unfortunately,
    >> I don't see any change. I still get the warning on all the
    >> archive commands: org-agenda-archive-default, org-agenda-archive
    >> and org-agenda-archive-default-with-confirmation. I've appended
    >> the warning for the latter command.

    > Thanks for testing! My guess was incorrect and I am still unable
    > to reproduce using agenda (previously, I just tried archiving from
    > inside Org buffer).

    >> Warning (emacs): org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer
    >> modifications detected. Resetting.  If this warning appears
    >> regularly, please report it to Org mode mailing list (M-x
    >> org-submit-bug-report).  The buffer is: todo.org_archive Current
    >> command: org-agenda-archive-default-with-confirmation Disable
    >> showing Disable logging Warning (emacs): org-element--cache:
    >> Unregistered buffer modifications detected. Resetting.  If this
    >> warning appears regularly, please report it to Org mode mailing
    >> list (M-x org-submit-bug-report).  The buffer is:
    >> todo.org_archive Current command:
    >> org-agenda-archive-default-with-confirmation Disable showing
    >> Disable logging --8<---------------cut
    >> here---------------end--------------->8---
    >>
    >> I've not tried it on emacs -Q yet. For that, do I need to start
    >> afresh and first delete the org-persist-directory?

    > You can simply start from emacs -Q + a new file (the new file will
    > not have any cache). In my testing, I just created a new org file,
    > opening it from emacs -Q -L /path/to/latest/org/lisp -l org
    > /path/to/the/new/file.org Then, I added a new TODO heading, opened
    > todo agenda for current buffer, and tried to archive the heading
    > from agenda.  No warning on my side.

    > You can repeat my steps and see what happens. If nothing, you may
    > try archiving from your todo.org (but still using emacs -Q). If
    > still nothing, it may be something about your config.

The warnings may be due to my use of ATTACH directories in agenda
files. I don't attach by id but prefer to use a directory for each node
and to link attachments to other files rather than copy. The attachments
also include other org-mode files. I should have time this weekend
to check this and to confirm if my configuration is responsible.

Best wishes,

Colin.