Re: [BUG] Prefer lowercase #+results [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-3-geb9f34 @ /

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: [BUG] Prefer lowercase #+results [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-3-geb9f34 @ /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 18:21:39 +0100

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> The point is, the begin v BEGIN issue is to some extent bordering on
> becoming a religious argument and one which is unlikely to gain
> consensus. While personally I agree with your point and for
> consistency, I think the default should be lower case, it really
> doesn't matter.  Everyone will have their personal preferences and
> while it is trivial to set to your preferred format, it is one of
> those issues which will likely generate lots of noise with little
> resolution.

Thank you for providing me with such a clear explanation!  To make my
point clear, I do not care about whether Org uses upper case or lower
case keywords, but I do care about consistency.  Specifically, I think
Emacs should not make new users fiddle with variables just to make its
behavior internally consistent.  Thus, while I do understand both the
"lowercase religion" and the "uppercase religion", I do not understand
the "inconsistency religion".

Rudy
-- Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]