change org-attach *middle* dir

From: JARZz
Subject: change org-attach *middle* dir
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 00:08:29 +0000

Hi,

I know you org-attach-id-dir can change the parent directory from "data" (which I believe is default) to whatever you put there, but I want to change the directory under​ that.

My org-ids are set for the iso date method. This means that by default, attachments are saved into /data/20/220304....

the 20 is the first two letters of the ID, which is 2022 for the year. This doesn't make much sense in my case, since all attachments, pretty much for the next 80 years or so, are going to fit in that dir.. I'd like to either remove that dir entirely (so that the ID dirs are stored in full under the data folder) or that perhaps I can change it so that the sub dir will include the first 4 characters, in my case, 2022, which makes way more sense.

How do I do that?

(setq org-attach-id-dir (concat org-directory "a_2022/"))

Sent with ProtonMail secure email.