Re: BUG: org cycling regression when using the legacy folding style over

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: BUG: org cycling regression when using the legacy folding style overlays
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 07:46:21 +0800

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> I was trying to create a minimal reproducible example for a different
> issue and I ended up with this other issue that I didn't expect and so
> I am reporting that first.
>
> Issue: Opening an Org file gives (wrong-number-of-arguments #<subr
> looking-at> 2) error.

Do I understand correctly that your reproducer has nothing to do with
this error?

> 1. Clone https://gitlab.com/kaushalmodi/org-mode-mwe to a temp
> directory (say, in /tmp)
> 2. cd to the org repo and check out the main branch. The Org version
> used when creating this report was release_9.5.3-520-g4dda0d.
> 3. emacs -Q -L ./lisp/
> /tmp/org-mode-mwe/bug-recipes/collapse-all-post-subtrees/t.org &
> 4. Evaluate the "code__fold_style" src block in that test file; it
> sets the fold style to overlays
> 5. Evaluate the "code__collapse_all_posts" src block; this code hides
> all the subtrees with non-empty values for EXPORT_FILE_NAME or
> CUSTOM_ID properties.

Your code__collapse_all_posts block makes use of hide-subtree from
outline.el. Please, do not use it. outline.el is no longer considered
compatible with Org. It was not in the past, and even more so now. This
has been announced in ORG-NEWS.

Best,
Ihor