Re: BUG: org cycling regression when using the legacy folding style over

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: BUG: org cycling regression when using the legacy folding style overlays
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 19:56:42 -0400

On Mon, May 30, 2022, 7:45 PM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> I was trying to create a minimal reproducible example for a different
> issue and I ended up with this other issue that I didn't expect and so
> I am reporting that first.
>
> Issue: Opening an Org file gives (wrong-number-of-arguments #<subr
> looking-at> 2) error.

Do I understand correctly that your reproducer has nothing to do with
this error?

Oddly, I was able to reproduce that error 2 times in an emacs -Q session, but after resetting the Org element cache, that error went away. So turns out that the same cache can be reused between emacs -Q and regular Emacs sessions?

Your code__collapse_all_posts block makes use of hide-subtree from
outline.el. Please, do not use it. outline.el is no longer considered
compatible with Org. It was not in the past, and even more so now. This
has been announced in ORG-NEWS.

Thanks! I definitely missed that. I'll read up on how to do the same without hide-subtree.