Re: An org backend to Haddock

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: An org backend to Haddock
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:58:26 +0800

Yuchen Pei <id@ypei.org> writes:

> Given this is not the official version of haddock and my changes are in
> haddock-api, I'm calling it haddorg-api, for lack of a better name /
> approach.  I'll be happy to contribute my changes upstream if a
> different license covering my contribution (AGPLv3+) is accepted.
>
> Let me know what you think.

I am pretty sure that you are asking the Haskell people for upstreaming
;)

>From Org side, it is always welcome when other Free software projects
are making use of Org.

Also, I looked into
https://g.ypei.me/haddock.git/tree/haddock-api/src/Haddock/Backends/Org/Types.hs

Beware of possible edge cases with "*/~|" in formatting. I am not
sure if text containing such symbols is possible as an input for your
library, but if it is, things may get formatted wrongly.

For example, text containing "|" anywhere inside a table field must have
"|" escaped using \vert entity. The markup can be escaped using
zero-width space.

Best,
Ihor