Re: [BUG] Re: 98e168b48 Add compatibility wrapper for string-clean-white

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [BUG] Re: 98e168b48 Add compatibility wrapper for string-clean-whitespace (Emacs 26 compatibility) [9.6-pre (release_9.5.5-920-g057193 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 11:30:15 -0400

Max Nikulin writes:

> On 07/10/2022 12:14, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>>
>> The following commit adds `string-trim', which is not yet available in
>> Emacs 26.
>
> It is available in Emacs-26, however (require 'subr-x) should be added.
>
> There is `org-trim' and despite it is less generic, likely it can be
> used if subr-x is avoided for some reason.

Ihor, sorry for overlooking that.  As Max mentions, indeed string-trim
used to be in subr-x.  It's been available since Emacs 24 and was
relocated with Emacs 28's a4ececf004e (Move string-trim functions to
subr.el, 2021-03-24).

I won't be at my computer much today or tomorrow, but, when I get a
chance, I'll plan to add something like

  (eval-when-compile (require 'subr-x))  ; Emacs < 28

And of course please feel free to beat me to it and fix it however you
see fit.  Thanks.