Re: [BUG] cant normally edit tables created with table-insert [9.5.2 (re

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] cant normally edit tables created with table-insert [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-25-gaf6f12 @ c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-28.1/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 03:36:57 +0000

ELECTRUM BIKES <mati@electrum-bikes.pl> writes:

> Hi. Tables created in org-mode by inserting manually | works fine, but
> if I use table-insert I can't manipulate table, I get "use C-c `"
> notification in minibuffer when I click <tab> to move to next cell.

"C-c '", not C-c `.

> If I click C-c `, I get "not a table" response. In such tables I can
> only insert text but not use shortcuts and they're generally broken. I
> tried it on emacs -q and it looks it's not my configuration fault,
> same behavior.

Please provide more details on what you have tried.

I tried

    +--------------+------+--------------------------------+
    |              |      |                                |
    |              |      |                                |
    +--------------+------+--------------------------------+
    |              |      |Text editing inside the table   |
    |              |      |cell produces reasonably        |
    |              |      |expected results.-!-            |
    +--------------+------+--------------------------------+
    |              |      |                                |
    |              |      |                                |
    +--------------+------+--------------------------------+

with point at the top left cell, after C-c ', I can <TAB> across cells
in the edit buffer.

> Also, there seems to be problem with handling top and bottom borders,
> if I insert
> (for example, 3 column table) +-+-+ at the top or bottom of a working table,
> it breaks to exactly same state as command-inserted tables, so probably
> top and bottom border handling breaks tables (command created tables
> does have this borders).

Sorry, I do not understand what you are referring two. Detailed steps
explaining what text you inserted and what key bindings you pressed
would help a lot.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,