Re: org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks don't use org-todo face

From: Mark Kerr
Subject: Re: org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks don't use org-todo face
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 16:11:59 -0500

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 2:51 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:

> Mark Kerr <mkerr23@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Thank you. I may have been unclear but the result seems to be the
> > opposite of what I was hoping for.
> >
> > I was hoping to be able to gain the ability to use the org-todo face
> > with blocked tasks, while retaining the org-priority face which was
> > previously working..
> >
> > Now blocked tasks are entirely rendered with
> > org-agenda-dimmed-todo-face, including the priority.
>
> What you observe is what I intended to do.
>
> What you want is an opposite of "dimming" (IMHO).
>
> To achieve what you want, you may consider customizing
> `org-agenda-dimmed-todo-face' face. This face is applied on top of all
> other faces. If you, say, set only a background, the todo keywords will
> retain their foreground colour.
>
> --
> Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
> Org mode contributor,
> Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
> Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
> or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>

I understand your viewpoint,  Ihor. Actually, it was mainly the font
size of the TODO keyword that I wanted to retain, not the colour.

The org-agenda-dimmed-todo-face overlay overrides the size set in
org-todo face, which breaks my layout.

I would like to retain the org-todo face colour as well, but it is
mainly the face size that causes me issues.

I have been fiddling with the face and overlay rules, but my knowledge
is not up to the task. From what I can tell, overlays always overwrite
faces.

I was thinking that a version of org-font-lock-add-priority-faces
could perhaps be adapted to work with todo keywords.