Re: Is the cascading logic of outlines a feature, or a design bug?

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Is the cascading logic of outlines a feature, or a design bug?
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 19:37:36 +0100

On Mon, Dec 26, 2022 at 05:36:06PM +0000, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> abq@bitrot.link writes:
>
> > So, that addresses the cost. What was the benefit?
>
> For example, export. Things like LaTeX or Markdown or ODT do not support
> document section continuation.

Here's the LaTeX perspective, which perhaps illustrates that "print",
our grandmother, didn't necessarily think hierarchically:

  https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/174651/latex-end-section-or-subsection

(Spoiler: LaTeX does as print and Org, as Ihor says -- and different
to XML).

At first it seems surprising that there are those two perspectives
and there's no "right" or "wrong", as the OP seems to assume.

Cheers