Re: ob-shell intentions and paperwork (was Bash results broken?)

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: ob-shell intentions and paperwork (was Bash results broken?)
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 14:31:44 +0000

Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:

> I've backed out the `require' change and adjusted everything else based on
> your feedback.  There is a separate patch for each refactor that created a
> new test.   The remaining refactors are in a single patch.  I was also able
> to resolve the issue I had with inserting the test name for the session (the
> "yes" string in `test-ob-shell/session').  The issue with
> `org-babel-shell-initialize' still stands but is outside the scope of these
> patches and isn't dealt with here.

Thanks!

I can see that you still prefer to use `string-join' for Org body.
Why not a bare string? There is no particular problem with
`string-join', but the rest of the tests are all using direct string
when possible - your patch makes ob-shell stand out of common style.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,