Re: setting export_file_name during export

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: setting export_file_name during export
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 23:15:20 +0100

Leo Butler writes on Fri  6 Jan 2023 21:38:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I am trying something new this semester: all my lecture notes are
 > organized into a single org file. A minor problem: I want to export each
 > lecture (see below) as a separate pdf file. I would like to know if
 > anyone has ``solved'' this problem or has a suggestion on how to do it.
 >
 > Ideally, I would like to have a single function that retains only the
 > current subtree that contains point, sets EXPORT_FILE_NAME based on the
 > top heading, and exports it as a complete beamer pdf.

Hi.  Sorry if you already know this and want something more automated
it is not too clear to me.  (What is not clear either is why you have
'* Lecture 1' _and_ '** Lecture 1', etc., i.e., why not just
'* Lecture 1'.)

So: if you insert

  :PROPERTIES:
  :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: lecture-1.pdf
  :END:

right after '** Lecture 1' and, with the point inside that subtree,
do:

  C-c C-e C-s l O

it seems to me it does the job.

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr