Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 21:37:24 +0300

* Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> [2023-01-23 14:49]:
> I agree that linking mail messages and Org notes is important. On the other
> hand my impression is that the "mid:" URI protocol is not adopted wide
> enough by mail user agents yet, so it is too early to enable it by default
> in Org.

All URLs defined by Emacs that are to be run by browse-url in Org
shall be allowed by org, to let the Emacs settings pass through.

And not to hard code it in Org.

To circumvent hard coding in Org, one can always use elisp: type of links:

(defun my-handler (mid)
 (message mid))

[[elisp:(my-handler "I am ok here")][my handler]]

Though it is not logical to hard code in Org how this or that URL
can't be open, as Org should allow present configuration of user to
run. Is that currentlyy working?

> Configuring of "mid:" links requires just a few lines in init.el and they
> are quite usual for custom links.

I have configured it, it does not work in Org

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman