Re: [emms-help] Re: ido-mode patch to emms-source-file.el

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: ido-mode patch to emms-source-file.el
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:54:24 +0800

On 7/13/05, Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> wrote:
> William Xu <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi, guys~
> >
> > This patch makes ido available to emms.
>
> Hi William,
>
> Thanks for writing this patch, but it is not needed.  To ``use ido
> everywhere for reading file names and directories,'' customize the
> variable `ido-everywhere'.

Hmm, my ido.el was downloaded from the author's homepage, seems
too old now.. Just trying to install the CVS ido.el, but meet some
inconsistencies. :-( Seems i'll still be happy with Emacs 21.4.

> > ps: ido.el is a really great package, which supports file/buffer
> > name substring matching. I hope someday it would become part of the
> > standard Emacs.
>
> It has been in CVS for three years, and will be part of Emacs 22.1.
> Note also that its predecessor, iswitchb, has been part of the
> standard Emacs distribution since March 1997.

That's great!

btw: sorry for sending a mail to Daniel Brockman by mistake. :-(  For i'm
unable to send mail by Gnus in company.

-----
William