[emms-help] `define-emms-playlist'

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: [emms-help] `define-emms-playlist'
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 03:20:35 +0200

Hi there.
Emms didn't have an interface change in quite some time, and you
all know how much I love to do that. And, this code is living in
my .emacs for a long time now. So I guess it's time to merge it
into emms.

`define-emms-playlist' defines a "playlist", or more correctly, a
`emms-play-FOO' and `emms-add-FOO' command. This generalizes the
old `emms-play-all' stuff.

For example:

(define-emms-playlist favorites t
  '((emms-source-directory-tree "~/snd/musik/artists/Anarchist_Academy/")
    (emms-source-directory-tree "~/snd/musik/artists/Illuminate/")))

This would define two commands, `emms-play-favorites' and
`emms-add-favorites'. The former replaces the current playlist
with a mixture of hip hop and goth ballads, the latter just adds
that to your current playlist. In case you wonder, the t there
means to shuffle the resulting tracks.

This new feature means some cleanup for emms.el, but also some
changes for other files. If no one objects quickly, I'll upload a
changed emms.el and README, and hopefully also some more changes.
I will try to at least keep `emms-default' issue a warning and not
breaking for this.

This brings me to another issue: Any ideas on a release schedule?

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))