Re: [emms-help] `define-emms-playlist'

From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
Subject: Re: [emms-help] `define-emms-playlist'
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:07:37 +0300

Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi there.
> Emms didn't have an interface change in quite some time, and you
> all know how much I love to do that. And, this code is living in
> my .emacs for a long time now. So I guess it's time to merge it
> into emms.

Ah-ha! At last your true motives are revealed! You just wanted to backup
your .emacs and therefore created Emms!

> `define-emms-playlist' defines a "playlist", or more correctly, a
> `emms-play-FOO' and `emms-add-FOO' command. This generalizes the
> old `emms-play-all' stuff.

I'll wait until it is all working, grok it and update the manual. Sounds
like a solid feature that people will want to use.

As far as release goes the manual is pretty much good to go. The manual
does not document all the CVS features but covers all the basics and
stuff which is known-good.

Do we want all of the features and extensions, however experimental
documented for release? I think not but that extensions should be
mentioned generally.