[emms-help] To list or not to list

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [emms-help] To list or not to list
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 03:30:17 +0200

When you have a lot of entries in your playlist, killing and
yanking tracks in the PBI gets really, really slow.  I guess
this happens because the playlist is a vector.  Of course,
if we switch to a list, random access will get slow instead.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I suck at the algorithms and data structures, but I'm sure
there's got to be some way to have the cake and eat it too.
Like maybe if we used a list of vectors, or some kind of
fancy tree or something.  Or something. :-)

--
Daniel "doesn't-usually-care-about-speed" Brockman