[emms-help] Re: Case insensitive search for artist/album info possible?

From: Lucas Bonnet
Subject: [emms-help] Re: Case insensitive search for artist/album info possible?
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:19:20 +0100

"Alex Speed Kjeldsen" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have just started using emms (latest snapshot) and I love it!!! Most
> things seem very easy to figure out, but I have one question. When I do a 's
> a' or 's A' in the browser, could I make the search case insensitive so that
> a search for e.g. 'rammstein' would give me all songs whether they are
> tagged with the keyword 'Rammstein' or 'rammstein'?

That's the behavior I see here, and a quick dig through the code and
through my emms config did not reveal any specific configuration
regarding case-sensitiveness.

I think that emms-browser-search follows the global configuration,
according to the variable `sort-fold-case', which is set to t here.

Try setting this variable to t (note that it will affect all your
searches in Emacs).

Regards,
--
Lucas