Re: [emms-help] Seeing ??? - ?????????

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Seeing ??? - ?????????
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:33:41 +0100

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Leo,

> I'm running emms (v3.0) with Emacs (2008-12-14) on WinXP.
>
> I have mp3info for windows installed. However, it displays Chinese
> track with question marks like those in the subject line of this
> message.

Emms reads mp3infos output, so I suspect the output is garbled.  What
dou you get when executing `mp3info <chinese-track.mp3>' in a cmd
terminal?

> I have tried setting emms-info-mp3info-coding-system to various
> options with no success. The track metainfo can be correctly viewed in
> application such as vlc.

That doesn't use mp3info but accesses the mp3 idv3 with some API
directly.  This way it cannot be affected by coding issues with cmd.exe.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
      "DRM manages rights in the same way a jail manages freedom"