Re: [emms-help] Missing LastFM patch in Emms?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Missing LastFM patch in Emms?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:01:36 +0100

Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Yoni,

>> Sorry, I think I wanted to give the new implementation a test drive
>> before asking Micheal to pull, and then I forgot about it and deleted
>> my repo on the server
>
> Can you post an short description of what the changes were?

I rocon I changed the implementation to work with the submission
protocol version 1.2.  But that's in the mainline git repository.  So I
really cannot say what Gabor has what's not there.

I know that the global tags radio is broken.  But currently the API is
not documented, so we'd need to look into the official client.

> That way, anyone who wants to improve Emms' LastFM support will have a
> clue.

In the meantime the submission protocol has increased to v1.2.1.  The
docs are at

  http://www.last.fm/api/submissions

If someone wants to adapt emms, it would be great.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Richard Stallman called  his operating system GNU because  he created it
before computers existed, when actual Gnus were used for calcuations.