Re: [emms-help] playing non playlist streams with mplayer

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] playing non playlist streams with mplayer
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 13:47:46 -0400

Jan Doms <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've just started using / trying out emms today, and wanted to use it
> to listen to http://mp3.streampower.be/klaracontinuo-mid.mp3 by
> playing it with emms-play-url. However in my setup that didn't work,
> while other live streams gave no problems.

I tried this on my emms setup without your patch:

M-x emms-play-url RET http://mp3.streampower.be/klaracontinuo-mid.mp3

..and it works fine for me.

I have emms setup to use just mplayer:

(setq emms-player-list '(emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-mplayer-playlist))

So I'm curious as to why emms doesn't do this as well on your
end. Something in your configuration perhaps? Also, which version of
emms are you using?