Re: [emms-help] emms skipping tracks

From: Иван Трусков
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms skipping tracks
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 00:39:27 +0300

Here is an example of file name before moving:
  /cygdrive/c/Users/Kurvivor/Documents/Downloads/JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OST Collection/[2013.01.30] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OP2 Single - BLOODY STREAM [Coda]/01 - BLOODY STREAM.mp3

It is not too long, i believe...

Иван Трусков <address@hidden> writes:

> I have encountered the following problem. Some tracks are being
> skipped by emms. By that i mean they are marked at playlist buffer,
> nothing is played, next track is marked
> My system is a windows 10 machine. I am running emacs in cygwin
> environment, and i have set my player to vlc.
>
> Files i was trying to play are from this torrent: http://bakabt.me/
> torrent/171411/
> jojo-no-kimyou-na-bouken-jojos-bizarre-adventure-2012-music-collection-mp3
> I have downloaded them into: /cygdrive/c/Users/Kurvivor/Documents/
> Downloads
>
> After moving entire folder into /home/Kurvivor/Music, emms started to
> play them
>
> What could have been the reason?
> I am ready to pri=ovide additional details.

Can someone with access to a Windows machine help out with tryign to
reproduce this issue? I don't think it is necessary to download
anything; renaming some files to have similar names should be enough.