Re: [emms-help] [Yoni Rabkin] Re: Patch: emms-playlist-tracks-in-region

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] [Yoni Rabkin] Re: Patch: emms-playlist-tracks-in-region
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 19:01:52 +0500

On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 09:39:56 -0400
Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Mike Kazantsev <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > And unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an option for that,
> > only for filtering over attributes of internal track representation.
> > Unless I just missed it, that is...
>
> There is no problem implementing such a feature. But since many people
> (myself included) modify `emms-track-description-function', such as
> feature must not make any assumptions about what is being displayed,

Yeah, that's actually why internal fields aren't good enough in my
use-case either - track-description-function can use stuff from bunch
of different tags, fallback to filename (splitting file/directory
names into fields), replace underscores with spaces and do all sorts of
other tweaks there.

So it's hard or even impossible to tell what to match from internal
fields from just looking at such playlist buffer.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net