Re: info-native merged to master

From: Petteri Hintsanen
Subject: Re: info-native merged to master
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 18:29:44 +0200

"Fran Burstall (Gmail)" <fran.burstall@gmail.com> writes:

>> We could do the same by decoding TXXXs in emms-info-native.  It could be
>> a defcustom in case some users prefer strictly "standard" tags.

> That is probably the way to go though my reading of the spec is that TSO2
> is not strictly standard either!

That's right.  I was thinking of a general design like:

  "parse TXXX FOO BAR"  =>  set 'info-FOO to BAR, if info-FOO is a known info
field

This is the way emms-info-native handles Vorbis comments.  They are
basically arbitrary KEY=VALUE pairs.  So TXXXs would be handled
equally--and they could override "standard" T-frames like TALB, which
someone might find troubling.  But this can be entirely academic issue
too.

--
Petteri