Re: info-native merged to master

From: Petteri Hintsanen
Subject: Re: info-native merged to master
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 00:00:30 +0200

"Fran Burstall (Gmail)" <fran.burstall@gmail.com> writes:

> I get a lot of mismatches emms-info-native vs emms-info-taglib around two
> tags:
>
> 1.  albumartistsort:
>
> 2. genre: emms-native-info yields things like "(16)" while
> emms-print-meta-data gives things like "Reggae".
>
> I think all this happened at commit 5aea8e7 which is why I did not pick it
> up before.

I pushed a new revision into info-native branch, you can try it if it
works better.  It now parses TXXX frames which should resolve (1) and
also id3v1 genres which should resolve (2).

Unfortunately it is now about twice as slow as before on my set of MP3s,
because there are lots of TXXX frames to go through.  Previously they
were simply skipped over.  But it is still reasonably fast and
efficiency is no concern to the EMMS proper.

--
Petteri