Re: emms-info-asynchronously?

From: Grant Shoshin Shangreaux
Subject: Re: emms-info-asynchronously?
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 18:05:31 -0500

Yoni Rabkin writes:

> Do people use `emms-info-asynchronously' or turn it off?

i use it, since i wasn't aware it was the default :)

> Should it be nil by default going forward?

i think having it on by default has probably saved me some pain as a new
user. it took a bit of trial and error to figure out how to import what
i wanted into the emms library, and with a large library having it
non-blocking was great. if emacs had frozen, i may have been frightened
away, not knowing what was wrong.

> Should it automatically turn on when there are over a certain number of
> tracks to be read?

if there was a default to nil, i think this would be a good sanity
check. thanks for thinking about it, i hope this feedback is helpful!

-grant