Re: Emms send track twice to mpd playlist

From: Igor Eloi
Subject: Re: Emms send track twice to mpd playlist
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 21:25:21 -0300

Dear Yoni,

thanks for replying so quickly. I have rested the cache and that apparently fixed it.

Thank you very much.

Igor

25.09.2021, 19:15, "Yoni Rabkin" <yoni@rabkins.net>:

Igor Eloi <eloi.igor@yandex.com> writes:

 Dear developers,

 I have experienced some problems with emms and was wondering if you
 could help me. Beforehand, I wish to inform you that I have been
 using mpd for a couple of years, and only this week I have decided to
 move from ncmpcpp to emms.

 The behavior I wish to report is the following:
 emms-browser-add-tracks adds a track twice to the playlist.
 If I sort by album and use emms-browser-add-tracks in the whole album
 all the tracks are added twice (print attached).
 I have searched the internet but I wasn't able to find any
 information.
 I was recommended [1] to bring the problem forward to you. In the
 same link you can find the config I am using, but I will paste it
 here anyway.

 Thank you in advance,

 Igor

 (use-package emms
   :straight t
   :config
   (emms-all) ;; Loads a bunch of emms functions
   (require 'emms-setup)
   (setq emms-source-file-default-directory (expand-file-name "~/Music
 /")
     emms-player-mpd-server-name "localhost"
     emms-player-mpd-server-port "6601"
     emms-player-mpd-music-directory "~/Music")

   ;; Add functions to emms list
   (add-to-list 'emms-info-functions 'emms-info-mpd)
   (add-to-list 'emms-player-list 'emms-player-mpd)

If you are using only mpd then you can replace these two with:

(setq emms-info-functions '(emms-info-mpd)
      emms-player-list '(emms-player-mpd))

   ;; connects emms to mpd
   (emms-player-mpd-connect)

   ;; informs mpd to clear playlist if cleared in emms
   (add-hook 'emms-playlist-cleared-hook 'emms-player-mpd-clear)

I ran a local mpd server and could not recreate this bug. Can you please
try to reset your emms cache and try again?